All photography provided by Vonecia Carswell Photography
The Miss Black USA Organization empowers women to own their power and celebrates their unique talents, traits and beauty. Miss Black USA defines her own standard of beauty and celebrates the whole women, mind, body and spirit, all shades of brown, hair texture and size. Miss Black USA is a non-profit corporation headquartered in the state of Maryland.
To provide a national stage for it's participants to showcase their unique talents and beauty and win scholarship opportunities.
What We've Achieved
- The largest national and premier pageant for women of color.
- The largest single source of scholarship funding for women of color.
- Awarded over $450,000 in scholarship to date.
- The first US based pageant to hold a national pageant on the continent of Africa.
- A library named in our honor at the Lower Basic Primary School in The Gambia, West Africa.
- Helped to launch the successful careers of young women of color in the fields of education, law, medicine, entertainment and the arts.
- Raised awareness of the Heart Truth campaign over 70% to empower women to take care of their heart health. .
- Established the Kennetra Searcy Scholarship for Girls. Open to all high school seniors throughout the U.S.
- Established a partnership with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
- A minority partner of The Heart Truth, a campaign to raise awareness of heart disease, the leading cause of death of women in the U.S.